Kristín Lárusdóttir bought Þokki frá Efstu-Grund, when he was 6 years old. Before that, she trained him for two years. ” Þokki is a very talented horse, but he is not easy to train. He learned so very much by being here, and that is why i asked the audience to be a little quiet”.
Kristín was actually only reserve for the Icelandic national team, so she was herself very surprised of becoming the new World Champion in Tölt. “I’m living on a farm 300 kilometers away from Reykjavik, with 460 sheep’s. This is why i haven’t been riding that many competitions, and that is maybe the reason why I only some people have never heard about me before”.
Kristín and Þokki are getting separated after this world Championship, because Þokki is sold, to a new rider. Kristín is not that sad because where Þokki is going to live is a good place
In the group of seniors it was:
1. Johanne Tryggvasson with Fönix frá Syðra-Holti /DE
2. Nils Christian Larsen with Viktor fra Diisa /NO
3. Frauke Schenzel with Óskadis vom Habichtswald /DE and Arnella Nyman with Thór från Järsta /FI
In the group of Young riders it was:
1. Caroline Poulsen with Helgi frá Stafholti /DK
2. Oda Ugland with Vökull frá Kópavogi /NO
3. Pierre Sandsten Hoyos with Falki från Karlsro /SE
A big congratulations and well done to all the talented riders and their horses!!